We are seeking highly motivated entry-level Civil Engineering graduates who are willing to be trained and certified to perform ICC Special Inspections on some of the largest construction sites throughout Philadephia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Train to become ICC Certified as a Special Inspector in various disciplines such as: Structural Masonry, Structural Steel and Bolting, Soils, Structural Welding, Reinforced Concrete, and Fireproofing.
- Perform various inspections as per ASTMs and NYC Building Codes.
- Prepare daily reports and maintain laboratory records.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in an engineering environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow up skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Self-motivated, flexible and has an ability to work independently as well as part of a team of engineering/construction professionals.
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities and assignments.
- Ability to commute throughout Philadephia.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and a clean MVR
HAKS is an award-winning, established, fast-growing and multi-disciplined Engineering Firm and was awarded one of the best places to work by the Zweig Group. Headquartered in New York City, HAKS departments include Construction Management/Inspection, Surveying/Mapping, Engineering, Material Testing/Special Inspections, Architecture/Facilities Design, MEP Services and Environmental Services with additional offices in Albany, Ossining and Melville, NY; Iselin and Mount Laurel, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Fairfax, VA; Middletown, CT; Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Palm Harbor and Miami, FL, Houston, Texas, and an international office in Bangalore, India.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.