3 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bridge Inspection Team Leader. The engineer will supervise and perform bridge inspections and will serve as the team leader on projects. Other duties include assistance with bridge design and load rating projects. Some travel will be required with most projects focused on local and statewide inspections.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervise above water and underwater bridge and ancillary design, inspection and evaluations.
* Prepare and monitor project budgets.
* Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
* Responsible for office and field coordination with vendors, subconsultants, and agencies as appropriate.
* Able to perform moderately difficult engineering computations and estimates in designing engineering projects.
* Able to prepare complete bridge safety inspection reports or reviewing inspection reports written by other engineers/inspectors.
* Ability to be responsible for moderately difficult engineering projects in field or office in accordance with plans and specifications.
* Ability to supervise the work of entry-level engineers and drafters.
* Ability to make independent decisions within a general framework.
* Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
* Be active in Technical societies.
* Be available to attend meetings or events outside of normal working hours.
* Knows how to perform his/her duties safely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited four-year university
* Minimum of five (5) years of bridge or ancillary structure inspection experience
* Successful completion of NHI Course #130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
* Prior experience in the design and/or construction of bridges a plus
* Prior experience on bridge inspection projects preferred
* Must be familiar with National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS)
* Professional Engineer License preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, evaluate facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While in the field, the employee may be required to walk in rugged conditions, work in adverse weather conditions, and stand up to eight hours or more at a time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close