10 days ago
As an Engineer ? Instrument Panel in Tesla's Vehicle Engineering Team, you will be responsible for design, release and launch of the complete interior system for future Tesla vehicle product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function and luxury.
You will utilize your expertise in one Instrument Panel and develop as a full vehicle engineer ? designing and delivering systems rather than just components as you work with a lean and agile team of the best automotive engineers in the industry. You will report to the Manager of Interior Engineering and this position resides in Tesla's Vehicle Engineering Team.
* Design of automotive component parts in CATIA V5.
* Develop and execute interior system requirements for one or more of the aforementioned interior commodities.
* Participate in the iterative process with the Tesla design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
* Implement processes and material selections to achieve world class execution of automotive interior craftsmanship and fit & finish.
* Optimize designs with the appropriate analytical and physical assessments.
* Complete and release interior components, sub-system and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required (in-house designs are planned for most major commodities).
* Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program
* Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
* Collaborate with key exterior system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Tesla Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement groups to ensure exterior system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
* Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R's.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in automotive exterior trim component and subsystem engineering, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
* Must understand the fundamental differences in design and engineering of premium luxury trim and systems and have examples or a portfolio of completed programs.
* Must have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
* Proficiency in 3D modeling utilizing CATIA V5 (minimum of 5,000 hours or 3 years) within an automotive product development environment.
* Must be self-motivated.
* Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
* Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full life cycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
* Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the programs.
* Demonstrated an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close