about 1 month ago
The Continuous Improvement Engineer must be able to assess the effectiveness of various manufacturing processes and offer recommendations for improvement as well as guide all areas toward continuous improvement utilizing lean tools and available technologies. This position is responsible for guiding and motivating all involved employees through training and example toward teamwork and long-term sustainable improvement goals. The preferred candidate would have extensive experience in the machining area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Own the facility kaizen and productivity projects; ensure projects are done according to budget and timeline.
* Must be able to communicate well with employees at all levels
* Ideal candidate will have firm believe in leading by example and will have a strong work ethic
* Work with department entities to develop a project plan for implementing improvements and work with teams as necessary to ensure plans are carried out on schedule.
* Must have good understanding of lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, SMED, Standard Work, 5S and most common lean tools. (3P, A3, Kanban, Six Sigma tools a plus).
* Assisting department leaders with project/kaizen follow-up and tracking may be required.
* Adhere to and understand all safety regulations and protocols.
* Have good understanding of costing practices, manufacturing principles and common manufacturing functions (i.e. BOM/routing structure).
* Must have good understanding of typical IE functions such as routing creation, layout optimization, line balancing and time studies.
* Works closely with all areas assisting with lean projects and kaizen preparation.
* Familiar with engineering drawings, specifications and their interpretations.
* Must be able to challenge the status quo and bring strategic viable alternatives to the manufacturing process.
* Prefer candidates with background and experience in the lathe, milling, and grinding processes.
* Prefer candidates who are able to program and test parts independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Understand and follow verbal and written instructions, as well as drawings and blueprints
* Advanced college math skills
* Interpret technical data accurately including engineering drawings and schematics
* Problem solving skills
* Analytical skills
* Basic pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic skills
* Working knowledge of G&M code, CAD/COM software a plus
* Machining knowledge/background a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
* BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Technical program
* 3 or more years in lean environment (specific lean training a plus)
* 3 or more years in machining environment preferred
* Must have proficient PC skills including ability to develop presentations and communications material for all levels of the business
JNCODE: JN004, JN029
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close