7 days ago
Seagate SSD is seeking an entry level ApplicationsEngineer in our Design Center in Shakopee, MN. This role will report to the Director,Enterprise / Client Solid State Drive (SSD) business unit ? global CustomerSupport team.
This position is responsible for providingtechnical support for the development and qualification of Seagate solid statedrives in customer applications and solutions. This position is the keytechnical interface for Seagate's Channel Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)customers as well as our Sales and Technical Field Support organizations intothe Design Center and associated laboratories. You will work on complex issuesfirst by summarizing the issue into a detailed problem statement and thenproviding in-depth analysis of the related data. You will exercise judgment inselecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Manages product requirement discussions withcustomers. Technical focal point during the qualification process and alsoprovides on-going technical support for products in the field.
* Works closely with customers to assist withdrive qualifications and issue resolution.
* Runs tests in customer environment to validatedrive to system compatibility. Assists TCM and Field Technical staff inmatching Seagate products to customer needs and preparing detailed productspecifications for future products.
* Works between our OEM customers, internal designengineers and internal core teams, driving customer requirements into theDesign Center. Coordinates activities within Design Center to achieve timelycustomer deliverables. This position will especially work in close coordinationwith Firmware Design and Test teams to achieve customer goals with newrequirements and issue resolution.
* Works on problems of very diverse scope andrequires ability to solve complex customer issues during and after thequalifications.
* Hands-on characterization, qualification and troubleshootingof customer systems.
* Creates and maintains any specific customerbuild configurations within Seagate systems.
* Works independently with the daily workdetermined by the needs of both the customer and the internal, dedicatedcustomer team.
* Customers may be international so internationaltravel and evening calls are possible.
HR Code: GRP
* Bachelors degree in EE, CS, or ME
* Ability to work across multiple organizations toachieve deadlines and customer satisfaction while demonstrating a high level ofpersonal follow through on commitments that are made to the customers. Thisrequires doing what it takes to break down barriers, work the Seagate network,and escalate effectively internally as required.
* Ability to travel up to 10%.
* Experience in computer hardware, hands-on labexperience, and disc drive testing.
* Experience setting up and running tests inEnterprise systems and applications.
* SATA / SAS interface experience includingmodifying user settings, taking bus traces, and analyzing bus traces.
* Designing, editing, and executing tests scriptsrelated to interface compatibility and reliability testing.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close