What you get to do: Responsibilities include maintaining all equipment, systems and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, locks, furniture, paint, wall coverings, tile and other equipment
- Builds, repairs, and paints all parts of the hotel.
- Installs and replaces lighting fixtures and bulbs.
- Cleans carpets and rugs.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Fabricates and repairs furniture and fixture
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Paints corridors, hotel rooms, and lobby areas when necessary.
- Transports heavy boxes and packages within the hotel for maintenance and repairs.
- Assists in delivering and set-up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor on projects as assigned.
- Responds to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner.
- Communicates with maintenance supervisor on various projects as assigned.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Previous experience as a hotel engineer is preferred or comparable maintenance experience at an establishment such as apartment complex or office building.
- Painting, electricity, plumbing, repairs, etc is recommended.
- Some excessive lifting, bending, walking are physical requirements.
- Schedule dependability, professional communication, positive attitude and some computer knowledge are important.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
SL Staffing Services Inc brings the right people and the right companies together. We place individuals for temporary, contract, part-time, and permanent positions.