about 1 month ago
* Utilize SOP's. Demonstrate to others using SOP's, the correct selection and application of fasteners, fittings and components.
* Utilize all necessary documentation including bill of materials, assembly drawings, schematics, EAR's, NCMR's, move tickets, maintain punch lists, estimate hours to completion and monitor performance to estimate.
* Identify non-conforming parts and recommend modifications or possible redesign of existing or new parts.
* Provide input for assembly procedures and product improvement.
* Ensure all machines are assembled to the data sheets.
* Assist customers demo's and check out's.
* Communicate and resolve production and technical problems on a daily basis which arise from in-house capabilities and print discrepancies.
* Follow all safety rules and regulations.
* Recognize unsafe working conditions and report them immediately to the Group Leader or Supervisor. Actively resolve unsafe conditions within their working area.
* Maintain good housekeeping and safe working conditions; operate equipment in a safe manner using proper personal protective equipment.
* Safely operate all hand tools and power tools necessary for machine assembly.
* Safely operate and debug machinery.
* Perform H S & E audits, meetings, and Job Observations as required.
* Complete knowledge of service guidelines and company procedures.
* As assigned, primary communication contact of the service team to the customer, contractor, and GPI service and engineering departments.
* As assigned, responsible for recording keeping of the job; mechanically, electrically, order numbers, carton conditions and completion of the service report.
* Follow proper procedures for engineering changes and follow through with required documentation after change has been implemented.
* As required, responsible for coordination of team resources including; working hours, safety rules, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic personnel.
* Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and teambuilding skills.
* As required, operate in a Group Leader capacity to include demonstrated ability to train and lead people effectively, providing input for performance reviews and scheduling and allocating technical resources.
* Work closely with the engineers in problem solving/design/assembly improvements.
* Other duties as required.
Essential Position Requirements
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Two year technical degree in mechanical systems or equivalent experience plus five years applicable experience.
* Self-sufficient and cost effectively perform all required mechanical and pneumatic assembly operations.
* Complete knowledge and understanding of assembly drawing blueprints at a complex level.
* Must have extensive knowledge for identification and working knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic components.
* Mechanical assembly skills on large equipment a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot, adjust and debug to finalize majority of machine lines required in house or at the customers facility.
* Ability to perform inquiry and printouts as required in manufacturing and engineering systems.
* Trained and knowledgeable in Mechanical Assembly Standards, Engineering Standards, other applicable procedures and parts flow.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close