VERUS is looking for a self-motivated, organized and results-driven Electrical Engineer to join our close-knit team.
Our clients are important to us and we need someone who enjoys a good challenge, is accountable, well organized and takes pride in meeting deadlines and milestones.
Our ideal candidate is analytical and detail-oriented, with a solid understanding of codes, standards, best practices and quality control best practices. He or she also understands the balance between technical excellence and practical engineering.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will fit in with our existing team - someone authentic, personable and trustworthy who has a good sense of humor and is approachable and humble.
The responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and specify low- and medium- voltage power distribution systems, lighting systems and other systems for industrial facilities.
- Perform electrical engineering tasks associated with projects, including design and drafting, engineering calculations, cost estimates.
- Manage the electrical work package deliverables, including coordinating between disciplines and drafting.
- Work with discipline leads, PMs and other team members to manage and run all electrical efforts for the project.
- Prioritize and set deadlines, while also being adaptable and flexible to changing needs.
- Conduct effective design review meetings and interface regularly with clients regarding scope of work, deliverable requirements and project status.
- Able to promote and market electrical scope to new and existing clients.
- Mentor junior electrical engineers and designers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Professional Engineering License for California with the ability to be licensed in additional states
- 8 to 12 years' applicable experience
- Solid foundation of design and drafting using AutoCAD
- Experience successfully leveraging technology
- Track record of success with documented results
- MicroStation expertise
- Construction cost estimating experience
VERUS is a Latin word that means true, authentic, fair and sincere. It's a word we feel describes who we are as a firm. We pride ourselves on our client-focused approach, our innovation and our desire to provide effective solutions to deliver our clients business and operational objectives.
We have assembled a group of industry leaders who bring unparalleled technical experience and knowledge to each of our projects. We are an employee-owned company and this is reflected in how we work together as a team, and how we take ownership in the work we do for our clients.
A few reasons to consider us:
* VERUS employees care for and respect one another
* Our people and culture are genuine
* We invest in our employees with competitive pay and benefits
* We have an entrepreneurial culture and respect work/life balance
* There are opportunities for growth.