Job Number: xxx
Our client located in Ghent, Kentucky, is currently seeking to fill the position of Electrical Engineer. For the right candidate who possesses their requirements, they are eager for this individual to join their team.
This position is responsible for providing professional Electrical Engineering service and technical support to Maintenance and Operation departments for the re-design, modification, re-engineering and retrofitting of electrical equipment to improve quality and productivity. Assist Maintenance Department with keeping the hot and cold annealing and pickling lines and the high voltage system running with minimum downtime. Similar duties pertaining to Cold Rolling Mills, Finishing Equipment, and Auxiliary Systems will also be involved, depending upon plant area assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related.
- 2+ years of electrical engineering experience in an industrial setting.
- Basic computer skills required
- Analyzes and defines electrical equipment problems to improve quality and productivity, to repair damaged equipment, to save money and to improve production line up-time.
- Re-designs, re-engineers and/or retrofits electrical equipment that needs upgrading is damaged poorly designed or is incorrectly used in order to improve quality and productivity, to save money and to improve production line up-time.
- Investigates and analyzes electrical problems, defines and scopes projects, makes engineering drawings or layouts, writes engineering reports, makes cost estimates, obtains bids, writes work orders, makes recommendations to management, obtains approval to purchase necessary equipment and materials, and works with Maintenance and Operations personnel to retro-fit and install.
- Studies electrical requirements, maintenance manuals and maintenance procedures to design and establish a Preventative Maintenance program to increase equipment up-time. Coordinates all Productive and Preventive activities and ensures all maintenance work is satisfactorily completed as assigned.
- Defines, prepares and controls work order jobs. Prepares work instructions, orders and secures spare parts for jobs to be completed to insure the orderly and efficient utilization of maintenance manpower and materials.
- Provides for and ensures the timely, accurate and efficient administration and control of the spare parts (electrical) program-assures that all spares which are essential for the orderly and efficient operation of the plant are either inventoried on site or are readily available for delivery through equipment vendors in order to avoid unnecessary downtime waiting for spare parts.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting and repairs of Pollution control Equipment in order to meet EPA rules and regulations.
- Follows OSHA regulation as it applies to engineering design, construction, maintenance and equipment installation to assure compliance to safety and health requirements.
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and techniques by reading appropriate journals, associating with professional organizations, trade organizations, colleagues, equipment vendors, service companies, consultants, and government agencies, and attending conferences, training courses and continuing education courses as appropriate.
Rewards and Highlights
- Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary based on experience
- Relocation Assistance: Yes, Employer paid relocation
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 2+ years'
Your Resume: is the first opportunity the employer will have to learn about you. It is critical that your contact information is included (name, address, home or cell phone and your email address), along with the names of companies you have worked for, titles held, and dates employed.
We are an independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA, specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.