6 months ago
Growing company in Dayton, Ohio has a need for a Electrical Controls Engineer. This is a full time position with a full benefits package. If interested, please email your resume to us.
Must be experienced in the robotics and welding applications industry!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Electrical controls design and support.
2. PLC programming and HMI (Human Machine Interface) design with Omron, Mitsubishi or Siemens platforms.
3. Create detailed assembly drawings and electrical schematics.
4. Create conceptual drawings in AutoCAD 2013 or higher.
5. Create and maintain Bill of Materials.
6. Technical support for all departments, to include on-site support as required.
7. Meet with customers and obtain detailed information regarding new projects.
8. Create project proposals and present information to the customer.
9. Manage projects related to electrical/system engineering.
10. Maintain and develop current and new standards documents and operations manuals for all pre-engineered robotic cells.
11. Provide robotic technical support, including responding to distributor, integrator and customer inquiries.
12. Respond to sales inquiries and assist in the preparation of engineering quotations.
13. Provide on-site technical support and field service duties as required.
14. Assist in the assembly, testing, debug and troubleshooting of all pre-engineered robotic systems.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of: Electrical controls design standards, as well as, basic mechanical design and assembly. Proficiency with AutoCAD 2013 or higher. Background with robotics, welding process and application or electrical troubleshooting is preferred.
Ability to: Understand and carry out oral and written instructions; use a personal computer; skilled user of CAD related software; communicate in an effective manner. Perform physical assembly of mechanical and electrical components. Maintain and demonstrate a positive and cooperative attitude in the work place and toward fellow employees. Travel as needed (10%) to customer locations.
Skill / Experience in: Engineering related environment; preparation of technical documents and materials, Bill of Materials development; creating designs and drawings in AutoCAD software platforms; integration/assembly of electrical panels, switches and components.
Education: Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful performance of the job. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Design Engineering discipline or sufficient formal or informal education to ensure ability to perform the job requirements detailed above and,
Three (3) years' experience in electrical panel design and automated systems integration.
Licensure or Certification Requirements: Valid Driver's License with good driving record.