about 1 month ago
* Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
* Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or dc).
* Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
* Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
* Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper as approved by supervisor.
* Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assembles, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
* Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
* Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
* Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
* Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
* Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in rotating apparatus repair (AC and/or DC electric motors, pumps, blowers, etc), preferably in an electric motor/job shop environment.
* Mechanical skills required include: troubleshooting of problems, electrical theory and understanding of A.C. and D.C. motors.
* Prior experience working as a Mechanic desired.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close