digital Electronics hardware Engineer
AutoClear is a leading worldwide manufacturer of Homeland Security products located in Fairfield, NJ with the product lines of X-ray scanners, metal detectors, and explosives and narcotics trace detectors. Advanced technology is used in applications at federal, state and local governmental agencies and offices, military bases and facilities, correctional institutions, courthouses, police and sheriff stations, educational institutions, nuclear power plants, ports of entry, corporate mailrooms and loading docks, and hospitals.
- Product involvement: security X-ray scanners.
- Design electronic circuit board assemblies and modules that:
- Acquire and process digital imaging data.
- Perform various I/O functions.
- Interface with peripheral accessories.
- Integrate with PCI (Express) buss, Linux Ubuntu, C++.
- Utilize the following devices:
- Utilize other misc devices:
- Voltage regulators.
- A/D and D/A converters.
- Use applicable software design and simulation tools.
- Perform circuit board layouts or interface with layout house.
- Assist in transition from design to production:
- Design testers.
- Compose BOMs.
- Compose manuals and procedures.
- Train personnel.
- Collaborate with project manager to satisfy project/market demands.
- Support project design team but also work independently on own projects.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in electronic hardware trends and devices; advise upper management.
This position is based in our Fairfield, NJ USA world headquarters.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering with digital hardware circuit design focus.
- Recent graduate to 10 years' experience.
- Knowledge of digital X-ray imaging characteristics and phenomena.
- Good command of written and oral communication.
- Good communicator.
- Self-starter; self-finisher.
AutoClear is a leading manufacturer of Homeland Security products located in Fairfield, NJ -x-ray scanners, metal detectors, explosive and trace detectors. Advanced technology is used in multiple applications at Federal Government agencies, and offices, military bases and facilities, correctional institutions, courthouses, police and sheriff stations, educational institutions, nuclear power plants, ports of entry, corporate mailrooms and loading docks and hospitals