Diesel Mechanic / Technician II
Trucks, tools and grease!! If that makes you smile and if you WANT TO KEEP the BEST FLEET UP and RUNNING apply with us!
Technicians play a critical part in Penske's fleet maintenance!
BECOME part of the Team....................
Our people are the key to our success. We enjoy working together to find better ways to serve our customers. We optimize relationships that create a satisfying, diverse work environment. We are looking for skilled, high-performance technicians who like working in a team environment and have a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards.
Location Address: 26501 Airport Rd, Punta Gorda, FL (to be opened in Oct, 2016)
Penske Technician II will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
Second shift and weekend shifts may be required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc. - Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor