2 months ago
**Crane Service and Assembly Technician II**
The technician is qualified to perform most incoming inspection, layout, assembly and commissioning tasks of new mobile cranes mounted on trailers and Class 8 truck chassis and shop and field repairs of in-service mobile cranes and boom trucks. Duties may also include but are not limited to documentation for and/or following manuals and process documents; creation and updating of bills of materials and feedback to sales, operations and engineering.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
1. Duties may include warranty, maintenance and repair work in the field or in a shop setting. Field assignments may require overnight or extended stays and travel by company furnished field truck or commercial carrier.
2. Working knowledge of function, installation, repair, inspection and diagnosis of mobile crane and boom truck mechanical systems to include load charts, controls and servicing; AC, chassis, engine, driveline, axles, steering, cooling system, cab, body and mounting.
3. Working knowledge of schematics, function, installation, repair, inspection and servicing of PTO's, hydraulic pumps, motors, filters, controls and piping to include installation and testing of wet kits.
4. Working knowledge of installation, repair and inspection of vehicle compressed air systems to include vehicle braking; related fail-safe systems and installation of lines and reservoirs. Working knowledge of compressed gas fuel systems or the willingness to take related training.
5. Working knowledge of schematics, CAN controls, wireless control and communication systems and vehicle control, starting, charging, and lighting systems and circuits. Able to perform laptop-based chassis, brake, engine and drivetrain diagnostics.
6. Able to scope assigned job and order parts and supplies in advance of actual work.
7. Welding skill is not required but the understanding and ability to prep for welding by others is required.
8. Able to obtain current accreditation as a mobile crane inspector.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* One year in Class 8 truck chassis and shop and field repairs of in-service mobile cranes and boom trucks; able to obtain mobile crane inspector accreditation.
* Commercial Driver's License and good driving record; must be insurable.
* DoT inspection experience desirable.
* Working knowledge of Manitex, National, Fassi, Grove, and Manitowoc crane systems.
**Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB)** operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, Florida
$10k - $15k
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close