WA - Empire Disposal - 2120/2121
Empire Disposal has an immediate position open for a Journeyman-level Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks in Colfax, WA. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. This will a M-F day shift position. Hourly wage DOE. We offer medical, vision, dental, 401k and vacation.
Apply online at wasteconnections.com.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or 3+ years and completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain one. We can provide training.
- Must provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit . Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)