Serving commercial and industrial facilities throughout Wisconsin, Pieper Electric is seeking an experienced DDC Controls Project Engineer to provide design and support for various building automation solutions. If you are technical, driven, and ethical, Pieper Electric wants to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Analyze architectural, mechanical and electrical plans and specifications to determine DDC HVAC control system requirements
- Design building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, control electrical drawings, schedules, panel layouts, etc. to meet the design intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents
- Investigate and incorporate DDC equipment and parts, ensuring products meet specification requirements and budget, while pro-actively identifying solution improvements
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations and quality standards.
- Develop and prepare sequence of operations
- Create operating programs for implementation in the field.
- Prepare bills of material
- Create, compile and organize operation manuals as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of purchase orders, work orders for equipment necessary.
- Prepare material and labor estimates for control system design and customer change orders.
- Travel to construction sites as needed (approximately 20% local travel)
- Assist field service technicians in troubleshooting systems as needed
What we are looking for:
- A self-motivated, independent thinker that is detail oriented and has an understanding of HVAC mechanical equipment and controls (minimum of 1-2 years direct experience)
- Competency in all Microsoft products (Excel, Work, Visio, etc.) and functional in AutoCAD
- Someone with a strong customer focus, able to provide timely service and strive to exceed expectations
- Someone familiar with Tridium, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, and other systems
- College degree, training, or AX certification a plus
Pieper Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
At Pieper Electric, Inc., "Our People Are Our Power" isn't just a phrase; it's our way of life. We work tirelessly to keep our people safe, enlighten and stimulate their minds, and teach them how to be good stewards to the community in a truly Serving way. From these efforts, we are able to maintain the highest quality standards in the industry. We back up our quality installations with exceptional service and business performance few can match.
Pieper Electric, Inc. is one of the largest privately held electrical contractors in the country. Operating since 1947, we are a full service electrical/mechanical, construction, and service company with divisions based in Wisconsin with affiliates throughout the United States. Pieper is a large contractor divided into small, highly specialized units, offering today's widest range of services in electrical and mechanical, plumbing & HVAC, data/comm., automation & controls, energy management, and underground construction. Our expertise allows us to serve as a powerhouse in the industrial, residential, and commercial settings. Pieper Electric, Inc. is an employee owned company which also does business as Ideal Mechanical, Spring City Electric, and Schultz Electric through a network of locations that service both Wisconsin and Illinois.
Pieper Electric and its parent company PPC Partners have operations in nine states with over 1,300 employees nationally producing $250 million in revenue a year. We are committed to being the leading contractor for quality electrical service and seek competent, ambitious, ethical employees, who are willing to learn and grow for a lifetime using a servant leadership philosophy. Our employees must exhibit mutual respect, a servant's heart, integrity, and high performance. As an Employer of Choice, we seek knowledge-based workers who believe in continuous learning, ethical standards and high morals and values.
Pieper Electric is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, to view our EEO policy statement, please visit: careers.ppcpartnersinc.com.