about 1 month ago
Seagate's Operations & Technology Advanced Analytics Group is seeking an entry level Data Engineer. Join a cutting edge data science and statistical services team helping to build and promote the expansion of advanced analytic solutions based on R, Python Hadoop and other big data technologies.
* Partner with business, engineering and IT teams to quickly understand existing business processes and data relationships, as well as software evaluations.
* Candidates for this position need to have very strong coding skills, an eye for best-in-class visualizations and the ability to develop website "magazine" style content using Wordpress.
* The new hire will start out helping the team develop an online communication portal that features articles as well as D3.js style visualizations to help show the company what we are doing. Long term will be the growth of your data science skills and opportunities to transition away from data engineering and visualization and into model development if that is a desired path.
* Bachelors degree in computer science or mathematics, statistics with strong demonstration of computer science skills
* Experience with web coding (JS, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.)
* Demonstrable knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and programming
* Masters degree in computer science or mathematics, statistics with strong demonstration of computer science skills
* Experience with other programming languages (C , Scala, etc.)
* Experience or knowledge of High Performance Computing systems
* Experience or knowledge of Clustered Data systems (Hadoop, etc.)
* Experience with data engineering languages (Pig, Hive, etc.)
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close