outsourceIT has an immediate opening for an experienced IT PROFESSIONAL who has worked as a Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Sr. IT Consultant, Data Center Engineer or similar role.
This position is local and based in our La Plata MD office and allows you to LIVE WHERE YOU WORK. In this position you will have an opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled IT professionals where you can learn new technologies, tools and techniques. As well as share some of what you've already learned and finally show off those skills you've worked so hard to build to an audience that can truly appreciate them. Our culture is teamwork driven where we work and problem solve collectively. At outsourceIT you won't be working in the same old boring environment day after day, instead you'll be working in an environment that supports hundreds of different businesses where you will be challenged to continuously learn new tools and techniques.
Who is outsourceIT (OiT)?
We are a leading outsourced IT provider for small and medium (SMB) sized businesses. Our full service product line is designed around the needs of SMB's; Managed IT Services, Cloud Based Application and Hardware Services, and IT Consulting Services. As a customer centric business we focus on delivering products and services with a high degree of customer care. We strive to ensure every end-user experience is met with the same high degree of responsiveness and quality support.
Why work for OiT?
At OiT we are more than a technology company. We are a PEOPLE first technology company. Our team is our product and we are consistently focused on making our product the best product in the marketplace. We achieve this by promoting a team oriented working environment, an always learning place of work both through on the job training and company provided training, and with great compensation packages! At OiT you will never stop learning, you will have unlimited career growth potential and you will always have an opportunity to work with the next up and coming technologies! When applying please write Data Center Engineer Opening in the subject line of your application.
This position is part of our Senior Engineering team. This position works both independently and as part of a team. Collectively the engineering team serves our customer base, managing and supporting servers, network and security infrastructure, enterprise applications, virtualization infrastructure, and provides escalation support for all technical and business units. Team members also assist with pre-sales engineering, IT consulting, project work outside of the day-to-day realm of support, and customer technology reviews.
- Ability to work independently and effective time management skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Effectively communicate and work well with peers
- Must have reliable transportation and capable of occasional commuting to client sites throughout the MD/DC/VA area
- Must be able to work from the La Plata Office
- Driven and motivated to learn new technologies, tools and techniques
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of managing and adapting to stressful situations
- Mentor and groom engineering peers
- Serve as an escalation point for either a set of customers and/or a period of time and/or a particular technology and/or a specific event or project
General Technical Requirements
- Maintain a multi-tenant data center infrastructure leveraging VMware virtualization, SAN storage, Citrix Farms, Citrix Load Balancers, Microsoft and Linux Virtual Servers, a variety of security appliances, and networking equipment from Dell, Cisco, Meraki and similar manufacturers.
- Data circuit design and support ranging from legacy T1 to GigE+ fiber
- Multi-site, highly resilient, load balanced Exchange Messaging Infrastructure for hosted customers ranging from Exchange
- Data Center Backups and Storage Replication
- Enterprise Monitoring and Scripting
- Customer data center migration lead - server, network, security, and application infrastructure
- Routinely and proactively optimize customer managed and data center networks
- Provide Tier 3 Escalation Support
- Serve as a network and systems architect for customer assessments and consulting projects
- Maintain Data Center documentation in near-real time
- Thoroughly document corrective action after resolving escalated tickets to further train other technical staff members
- Manage and oversee customer assigned projects outside of day-to-day IT support; such as network upgrades, server upgrades, application upgrades, cloud migrations, and/or other projects related to the customers technology
- Assist with new product development, internal product development, and partnered product solutions through outside vendors
- Windows Server OS 2003/2008/2012
- Active Directory
- File/Print Server Management
- VMWare vSphere, Citrix, Windows Remote Desktop/Terminal Server
- MS Exchange
- Managed Services Platform Software - Kaseya, ConnectWise, Autotask and/or similar products
- Windows SQL Server - 2005 and greater
- Backup Software - Veritas, Asigra, Veeam, Datto, and/or similar products
Hardware and Network Skills
- Server Management and Support - Dell, HP, IBM and/or similar products
- Storage Area Networks (SANs) - EqualLogic, NetApp, HP, EMC, and/or similar products
- Virtualization - VMware and Citrix
- Network Switching and Routing - Cisco, Meraki, Dell, HP, and/or similar products
- Network Security - Sonicwall, Cisco, and/or similar products
- Global Network and Hardware Management Tools - SonicWall GMS, Network Sniffers, and/or similar products
- Intermediate understanding of SMB and Enterprise wireless networking. Experience performing wireless surveys for small and medium sized buildings is a plus.
IT Automation Skills
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills using tools and techniques to isolate problems - network sniffers, SQL scripting, ScriptLogic Desktop Authority, and/or other
- Basic script writing for system wide changes - Powershell, VB, perl, etc.
Data Center and Cloud Computing
- Designing and maintaining a Multi-tenant data center environment spanning 2+ physical data centers and several customer networks
- Strong understanding of hosted exchange (see above)
- Strong understanding of VMware virtualization for data center environments using vSphere 4.x - 6.x
- Understanding of Citrix Farms, load balancing, and application publishing.
- Understanding of MS RDS for SMB customers
- SAN management for 100+ TB of tier 1 data center storage
- Strong understanding of data protection and recovery solutions - Cloud Based Backup Solutions, such as Asigra, Veeam, Datto BDRs, etc.
- 5+ years experience with intra/internetwork design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of L2/L3 vLAN configurations, mandatory VPNs, spanning tree, trunking/link aggregation, EIGRP/OSPF, HSRP, and BGP are preferred.
- Prior P2V and V2V migration and upgrade experience
- Advanced network management experience with traffic shaping, network load balancing and acceleration appliances
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or Information Systems
- Industry Certifications - Microsoft, MCSE, MCSA, MCP; CISCO, CCNA, CCNP; VMWare, Citrix
- Experienced working with and/or supporting VoIP solutions
- Prior Managed Service Provider Experience or IT consulting Experience
Founded in 2004 by two visionary technologists, outsourceIT has since been ranked among the worlds top 100 Managed Service Providers on more than five different occasions. Both founders have received leading industry awards from groups such as Ernst & Young, SmartCEO, MSPmentor, and others. The company has also made The Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
As a leader in the industry, we set the bar high for providing managed services, outsourced IT support, private and public cloud, and mobility solutions. Collectively, our team of IT professionals support thousands of end -users, spanning hundreds of organizations, ranging in size from small business to large corporate enterprise organizations. As one of the early adopters of both managed services and cloud-based technology, we have become one of the most knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced managed service providers in the market space today.