22 days ago
Must be able to pass a Government National Agency Clearance Check. Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs preferred. U.S. Veterans encouraged to apply. This is a full-time employee position with benefits. U.S. CITIZENS ONLY!!
Workstation administration and patching
Server administration and patching
Virtualization (VMware or HyperV)
Advanced SCCM (reporting and installing software packages/patches)
IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix)
Microsoft Excel fluency, including pivot tables
Vulnerability scanning (Nessus or similar)
Networking: Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, subnets, CIDR
Advanced Active Directory administration and maintenance, domain administration-level experience
Database fundamentals (Microsoft Access or SQL Server), including reports and queries
Scripting (Microsoft PowerShell preferred)
Server imaging, developing standard images, automated deployment
Microsoft Certified System Administrator for Windows 7 and Windows 8 (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
If providing Apple support, Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT), Apple Certified Support Professional (ACP), and Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA)
Providing network infrastructure support:
1. Assist both Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel in resolving vulnerability issues on network systems (routers, switches, etc.).
2. Resolve network equipment vulnerability issues as outlined by the Regional Director or designee.
3. Work with VA staff on baseline compliance by all regional network equipment.
4. Continuously remediate security deficiencies on VA's network infrastructure, as identified in the VA NSOC's Nessus scans.
5. Providing Cisco support with Cisco certified resources and certifications must be kept up-to-date and current.
Provide Windows and Linux systems support:
1. Remotely assist both Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel in resolving vulnerability issues on servers and workstation systems.
2. Resolve server and desktop vulnerability patching issues for each month's Microsoft Security Patch Change Orders.
3. Ensure servers and workstation systems conform to VA baselines.
4. Remediate and test a solution implemented for specific vulnerabilities as required by the Regional Director or Designee.
5. Continuously remediate and test solutions implemented for security deficiencies on VA's network infrastructure, database platforms, and web application servers, as identified by NSOC's Nessus scans.
Use Nessus, SCCM, SCOM, and SQL reports and product logs to locate workstations and servers with inventory, deployment, patching, or other issues; then use provided scripts, tools, and vendor products to troubleshoot and resolve the issues and verify resolutions.
Resolve systems management issues related to device security and software configuration.
Troubleshoot systems-related issues that impact encryption and device applications.
Test and qualify new and related applications to ensure feasibility and usefulness at VA.
Bachelors's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
10 years of experience
8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
Approximate rate: $26 - 30/hr, DOE
TMG is a company that breaks down barriers between management and direct reports. We operate in a very inclusive and friendly environment. Our belief is if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our customers. We "heart" our military, and we hope you do, too, so please consider this when applying. We like to share good, clean humor with sarcasm being the favorite and used faith-based principles when executing business transactions. When it comes to community outreach, we do an annual 007 James Bond themed event, filled with spies and heroes!
TMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close