about 1 month ago
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
Highly skilled Mechanic who safely performs diagnostic maintenance, installation and repair of crush and conveying equipment and related systems.
* Performs system troubleshooting, maintenance and component removal, repair and installation of jaw and gyratory crushers, vibratory screens, conveyors, dust suppression/collection systems, mobile conveying systems, etc.
* Performs mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance such as changing filters in the dust collection systems, checking screens, oil levels and lubrication systems
* Prioritize and make decisions regarding equipment repair as needed
* Responsible for maintaining work orders and performing work area inspections
* Train and mentor other employees
* Perform advanced welding and fabrication
* May operate mobile equipment such as: forklifts, cranes, and boom trucks
* Perform as a Fill-in Supervisor as required
* Perform other duties as required
* Two (2) years of experience in Crush/Convey mechanical/maintenance or a combination of education and experience in industrial mechanical repair and maintenance
* Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, TIG, ARC, Oxy-acetylene)
* Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, plumbing, machine shop, blue prints, schematics, fabrication, and part lists and repair
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair
* High School diploma or GED
* Will be required to work rotating shift schedules in a 24/7/365 day operation
* Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
* Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
* Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
* While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, see and work in confined spaces
* Occasionally may be asked required to lift moderately heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
* Will be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
* Work is performed in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
* Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
* Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
* Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
* Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
* Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close