HAKS is a 650-person minority-owned, medium-sized, multi-disciplined engineering firm. Our MEP staff consists of over 30 engineers and designers, including licensed Professional Engineers, LEED Accredited Professionals, and Certified Energy Managers (CEM), and Project Management Professionals (PMP).
We are currently seeking a Contract Engineer for our Jersey City, New Jersey Location.
- Prepare contract documents for construction of work requirements.
- Provide guidance and comments on the coordination and bid quality of contract drawings
- and Specifications.
- Develop payment provisions.
- Development of staging plans and hours of work.
- Resolve contractual and technical matters.
- Correct and clarify contract documents.
- Participate in the standard technical specifications approval process.
- Handle the conforming of Contract Book and Contract Drawings.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience relating to the development and review of engineering or architectural contract documents for construction of multidisciplinary capital projects with construction costs exceeding $5 million.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and reviewing the technical aspects of preliminary and final design contract drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and budgets for project deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction contract terms and conditions clauses (sometimes referred to as the front end or general conditions of the contract) relating to payment methods, time for completion, solicitation and funding variables, staging requirements and operational constraints required for the production of the contract book.
- Familiarity with public agency procurement practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical specifications and The Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) 3-part specification format. CSI - CDT, CCCA or CCS certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral and collaborative skills, including demonstrated experience interacting with project stakeholders to achieve project goals, ability to give clear direction, and demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
HAKS is an award-winning, established, fast-growing and multi-disciplined Engineering Firm and was awarded one of the best places to work by the Zweig Group. Headquartered in New York City, HAKS departments include Construction Management/Inspection, Surveying/Mapping, Engineering, Material Testing/Special Inspections, Architecture/Facilities Design, MEP Services and Environmental Services with additional offices in Albany, Ossining and Melville, NY; Iselin and Mount Laurel, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD; Fairfax, VA; Middletown, CT; Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Palm Harbor and Miami, FL, Houston, Texas, and an international office in Bangalore, India.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.