about 1 month ago
IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Construction Project Engineer II to join our industry leading Construction Management team as an Independent Contractor with us in the Blue Bell, PA area for an extended period of time.
The Construction Project Engineer II provides technical, managerial, administrative and managerial support to Project Managers and Project Executives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Supports the Project Manager in the delivery of individual projects, focusing on quality objectives.
* Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
* Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
* Interacts with clients on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
* Special projects as assigned.
Operations & Administrative Duties
* Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements and applies knowledge to project activities.
* Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of preconstruction, construction and closeout execution plans. Coordinates review and approval from Project Executive and/or Director of Operations, and communicates of this information to project team.
* Supports Project Manager in the development and maintenance of written project scopes of work and communication of this information to project team.
* Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations and sequencing logic and communicates this information to the project team.
* Develops a working knowledge of the project budget, and identifies exceptions to the project budget throughout execution of the project.
* Supports the Project Manager in monitoring and reporting project costs.
* Supports the Project Manager in the development of change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
* Supports the Financial group in preparation of invoices to client.
* Develops a thorough understanding of contractually required quality in design and construction and supports quality assurance for the project.
* Supports Project Manager in coordination of safety resources to monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
* Monitors design content and quality and coordinates design revisions for constructibility and compliance with basis documents, schedule and budget.
* Supports Project Manager in the procurement and coordination of all required project resources, including intradivisional, interdivisional and extracorporate.
* Supports the Project Manager in the preparation of subcontract, purchase order and change control documentation and related financial documentation.
* Supports the Project Manager in the evaluation of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
* Supports the Project Manager in facilitating communication between project participants, and produces documentation of communication between project participants.
* Works with Document Control to ensures that all project documents are distributed, reviewed and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages and addenda and bulletins thereto, and submittal's, among others.
* Supports the Project Manager in ensuring compliance of project activities with legal and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in Engineering, Project Delivery or a related discipline.
* Must be able to work as an Independent Contractor (has a company with a registered EIN).
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 900 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Architectural Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close