Heavy Construction Equipment Technician
Job Location: Lexington, Kentucky
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent and be able to adapt to all of the forces around them- customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Repairing heavy equipment, components, and systems assigned by the service manager. Some of the repairs will be in our shop and some of the repairs in the field.
- Maintaining good working records of time, parts, and supplies used in repairs.
- Maintaining and caring for shop tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Communicate with others (customers, vendors, co-workers) in a professional manner.
- Perform diagnostic inspections as directed.
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in the shop and field.
- Competitive skill and experienced base pay
- Tool Allowance
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Health Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Monthly Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Weekly Paychecks
- Ability to purchase group disability insurance.
A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs.
General Skill Requisites
- Strong Mechanical skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good, safe work habits
- Comfortable working with a computer.
Specific Skill Requisites
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Pleasant personality with sales aptitude.
Other Job Requirements
- Good driving record
- Able to perform essential physical requirements of job.
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work some overtime as needed by the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/D
Submit Resumes to:
- Mail: Wilson Equipment Company
Attention: Human Resources
2180 Old Frankfort Pike
Lexington, KY 40510
Wilson Equipment Company is proud to offer over 125 years of excellent service to our customers, as well as an exceptional place to work for our employees. Wilson Equipment Company cares about our employees and invests in them through competitive skill and experienced based pay, extensive specialized on-the-job training and continued education opportunities, programs that allow technicians to actively pursue opportunities for advancement, a team environment comprised of people with complementary skills who have common goals, providing and laundering uniforms, tool allowances, incentive plans, and more.
Wilson Equipment Company is also proud to offer the opportunity to participate in many benefits such as health, dental, life, and supplemental disability insurances, 401K, paid vacations and holidays, and weekly paychecks. We re looking for qualified candidates that will contribute to the Wilson Equipment story, and carry our legacy forward.