3 months ago
Currently one of the largest producers of natural gas in the continental United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It's a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It's important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, East Texas and Colorado's Denver-Julesburg Basin and Niobrara formation.
Major Roles/ Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs all aspects of the job safely.
* Shuts down compressor packages, evacuates all system pressure and works with lock out and tag out devices per company procedure. Restarts packages when work is completed.
* Loads necessary parts and supplies for jobs on to truck.
* Handles and disposes of all waste properly.
* Performs repair work and preventive maintenance.
* Analyses and troubleshoots equipment for defects and makes recommendations on possible solutions.
* Utilizes hand tools and power tools on a regular basis.
* Performs scheduled maintenance on a variety of compressor packages per maintenance guidelines.
* Documents each act of preventive maintenance for company records.
* Assumes responsibility, performs multiple duties and handles potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
* Maintains knowledge of safety rules and practices.
* Experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Caterpillar G3516 and G3606 and Ariel reciprocating compressors or similar experience may be considered.
* Must be skilled and aware of industry safety rules and guidelines related to job.
* Can learn to navigate to and from locations in the field appropriately.
* Has knowledge and confidence level that will support assignment of units and callout rotation as assigned.
* Willing to take instruction and seek assistance in a timely manner regarding mechanical issues.
* Capable of learning basic troubleshooting on a variety of compressor units.
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to work outdoors in extreme weather and temperature as well as work inside compressor buildings with higher than outside temperatures.
* Able to work as assigned to rotating callout schedule after-hours and weekends/holidays
Southwestern Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer ? minorities, females, protected veterans and disabled.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, Alabama, Montgomery
$10k - $15k
12 days ago
only 16 days until close