Founded in 1960, Fitzemeyer & Tocci is a growing Massachusetts mechanical and electrical engineering firm. We specialize in designing innovative solutions for many of the leading institutions and businesses in New England. If you're looking for an opportunity to align yourself with an established firm while working with state-of-the-art computer technology in a friendly, informal work atmosphere, then F&T is your place to shine!
We are currently seeking an Commissioning Engineer to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Commissioning Engineer works with Project Managers to develop design concepts, which are incorporated in final product. The Commissioning Engineer, in role of Commissioning project leader, may begin to handle some project management tasks but will primarily work on technical aspects.
1. Develops and maintains the commissioning schedule
2. Develops and maintains the commissioning plan
3. Directs the commissioning technician and reviews their work
4. Mentoring of junior staff including entry level/commissioning technicians
5. Prepares commissioning specification
6. Participates in company-wide specials projects - maintenance of standards
7. Participates in trade coordination with project sub-consultants
8. Travels regionally to various client locations
9. Attends commissioning meetings and provides information on project status to the construction team
10. Performs site visits to execute functional testing and direct the field work of the commissioning technician
11. Responsible for developing site visit reports detailing the execution of functional testing, witnessing of equipment start, etc.
12. Coordinates with the commissioning project manager with change orders
13. Assists the project manager with the coordination of commissioning design reviews
14. Works with the project manager, owner and design team to develop the owner's project requirements and basis of design
15. Witness, assist in the facilitation of and documents owner training
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY: Has authority to perform commissioning activities under the Project Manager. May not change the scope of work or deviate from any other part of the contractual document without Project Management approval.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS: Works directly for the assigned Project Manager, according to assignment. Works under moderate supervision. Daily interaction with clients and contractors. Ability to communicate with project team. Success is dependent on Key Functional Partnerships with Project Manager to ensure "zero-defect" quality deliverables.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. 3-5 years commissioning or controls experience
2. 4-6 years of overall experience
3. Bachelor's degree and/or commissioning certification preferred
4. Knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and building automation systems operation
5. Controls or TAB experience desirable
6. Strong organizational and documentation skills
7. Ability to travel regionally
8. Ability to communicate with all levels/trades
9. Must be capable of working within a project team as defined in the F-T functional model.
10. High energy and enthusiasm
11. Desire for professional growth and development
This is a full time and bonus eligible position. We offer our employees a flexible work environment and opportunities for advancement. We have an exceptional benefits package including 95% paid family medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid LTD, 401K match, and 100% tuition assistance reimbursement. We are conveniently located in Woburn right off of I-93 with plenty of free, covered parking, dining facilities and a free gym.
Visit us at .