about 1 month ago
BASIC PURPOSE/SCOPE Provides leadership, management, and technical support for all plant engineering and maintenance activities associated with bakery plant operations. Responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), compliance with federal/state/local regulations, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Hazard Act (OSHA), Department of Agriculture (DoA), Department of Health (DOH), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), meet or exceed Global Food Safety Standards (BRC), environmental compliance, and Department of Transportation (DOT) mandates. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and GMP's with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
* Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing Integrated Process Management (IPM), plant teams, and outside resources.
* Clearly understands structure of teams, acts as a resource and ensures that the IPM structure is maintained and that facts and data are used in all engineering/maintenance decisions related to product quality, cost savings improvements, etc.
* Develops, implements and manages all maintenance procedures to ensure all engineering and maintenance goals are met.
* Supervises, trains and coaches engineering management to include responsibility for associates and/or labor issues throughout the plant.
* Budgets for capital investments, downtime, and damages.
* Maintains records for all phases of plant maintenance ensuring that plant engineering and maintenance activities comply with local, state, and federal laws/regulations.
* Ensures that management and non-management associates within the maintenance department are effectively utilizing a preventive maintenance system.
* Keeps lines of communication open from maintenance department to all other departments as well as cultivates working relationships with support groups and other manufacturing locations.
* Coordinates all outside contractors on jobs in plant. Monitors the performance of all outside contractors with respect to time, scope, cost and compliance to GMP's and quality assurance.
* May serve as Plant Environmental Coordinator ensuring compliance with all permit requirements, local, state and federal environmental regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted. EXPERIENCE
* Ten or more years experience related to predictive/proactive maintenance.
* Experience with the administration of a computerized preventive maintenance management system required.
* Technical computer skills related to administration, equipment and process applications required.
* Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) related to both programming and troubleshooting. Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (This section would allow for you to detail special requirements for the position in the particular market/plant/region, if necessary)
* Electro/mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics system design and troubleshooting knowledge.
* Capable of teaching, training and sharing technical knowledge with operational associates.
Bimbo Bakeries USA provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close