about 1 month ago
* Work with the Central Plant Operators, the Energy & Controls Department, the Plumbing & HVAC Departments to maintain the campus wide steam and chilled water distribution systems.
* 12-month Graduate Position
* Position open July 2016
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direct supervision of the Central Plant Operator-
* In cooperation with the Central Plant operators, perform inspections and maintenance on steam & chilled water distribution systems on campus.
* Under supervision, repair and resolve maintenance issues to maintain in good operating condition pressure reducing stations, heat exchangers, condensate pumping systems, domestic hot water systems, and other related systems and equipment.
* Responsible to assist in keeping the shops clean and picked up? Basic cleaning around the Central Plant (ie. plant floors, restrooms, trash, etc.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read, interpret, and document plans and schematics
* Strong communication and customer service skills
* Aptitude to learn new technologies
* Willingness to stay with a project through completion
* Ability to function with frequent interruptions
* Good analytical skills
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness and patience to learn & follow direction from supervisor
* Willingness to get dirty, work in the heat and noise in mechanical rooms and tunnels where these systems are located
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close