about 1 month ago
About Bay Area Bicycle Share
Bicycle sharing is a convenient, flexible, healthy and fun transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Bay Area Bike Share is headquartered in the Bayview, San Francisco and operates every aspect of the program, from repairing and rebalancing bikes, to maintaining the stations and docking points, to marketing the program and educating people about bike share.
Bicycle sharing in the Bay Area is preparing to undergo a massive regional expansion, growing from a 700 bike system to a 7,000 bike system by 2018 in the cities of San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Berkeley and Emeryville. Bay Area Bike Share's parent company, Motivate Co., also oversees 11 additional bike share programs in New York City, Jersey City, Boston, DC, Chicago, Toronto, Chattanooga, Columbus, Seattle and Portland, OR.
Overview of Position:
As a Bike Technician, you will play a fundamental role in the Bay Area Motivate bike share operations. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall functionality and ride-ability of the Bay Area bike share bikes and system. Working under the primary guidance of the Deputy Operations Manager, you will assist with the maintenance and repair of all bicycles, assist with the redistribution of bikes, maintenance and repair of stations and equipment, assist with assembly and deployment and support general bike share operability, all with a focus on making the bike experience extraordinary. Position Scheulde: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00am - 7:00pm
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
* Inspects and evaluates bicycles and bike share stations for safety, function, and cleanliness
* Evaluate bike condition, document and record data regarding bikes and related equipment, and escalate if needed.
* Performs routine maintenance, repair and cleaning of bicycle fleet within the field
* Identifies, reports, and retrieves bicycles in need of in-house repair
* Communicate effectively and efficiently using verbal, written or typed communications with supervisors, managers and support related positions.
* Partner and work collaboratively with Manager-On-Duty, fellow employees and related positions to assess, evaluate and determine inventory management and control.
* Keep and maintain clean and presentable work areas, tools and equipment which may include, but is not limited to, company vehicles and work locations, at all times
* Operate a large vehicle or bicycle cart to redistribute bikes, based on real-time demand data.
* Load/unload vehicles with bikes and dock/undock bikes at stations which requires repetitive motion and individual responsibility for lifting up to 50lbs.
Station Maintenance, Appearance and Repair
* Complete station maintenance in a professional and timely manner consistent with all Bay Area Motivate (BAM) policies and procedures
* Ensure bike stations are operational which may require reboot of stations, replace station batteries and similar responsibilities as necessary
* Timely response to all station emergencies or identified issues, include tracking and recording all work orders.
Assembly and Deployment
* Perform various tasks related to the assembly and deployment of Bay Area bike stations including loading and unloading materials from trucks, assembling station components, flagging streets to direct traffic, assisting the crane operator, and other tasks as assigned
* Assemble station components in a warehouse or designated area
* Follow safe work practices and help create and maintain a safe work environment
* Follow any routes and assignments as delegated by dispatch and maintenance
* Communicate professionally and timely with all customers, management, vendors and employees. This may include working with customers, management, vendors and/or employees with their bike sharing experience.
* Escalate issues as needed to Operations Management or designated Bay Area leader
* Work with Field Technicians and all Motivate employees and team members to ensure timely and productive workflows
* Additional duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Bay Area Motivate's Mission.
Motivate is a drug-free workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close