Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Your contribution to something big
Perform research, develop and implement algorithms in one or more of the following fields, applicable to automated vehicles:
- Sensor modeling and 3D point cloud fusion
- Probabilistic environment representation
- Object tracking and data association
What distinguishes you
- M.S. with at least 3 years of prior experience or Ph.D.(Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field)
- Proven research and development expertise in robotic perception
- Excellent C++ programming expertise required, Python programming is a plus
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Extensive background in robotics algorithms with strong focus on software development
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems preferred
- The ability to develop, understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
- Experience with modern software engineering tools
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Experience working on robot and/or automotive electronics hardware a plus, as is experience with simulation environments and ROS
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
Required Application Materials 1. Cover letter 2. Resume/CV 3. Downloadable code sample of your own C++ code 4. Two references and/or two letters of recommendation 5. A statement of past experiences and how they apply to the position posted. All five items are mandatory. Your application will not be complete and won't be processed unless you submit all five items.
We are growing our team working on solutions for future automated and autonomous vehicles and are looking for excellent candidates with expertise in software development for a position in the automated driving team.
Bosch has been working on autonomous and automated driving solutions in Palo Alto for many years. We have participated in the DARPA Urban Challenge as part of the Stanford Racing Team and we are collaborating with Stanford University since 2007. We are now growing the team developing technologies for future autonomous vehicles. See our Youtube Channel ( ) and our Automated Driving Website ( )
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application due to disability, call 1- and leave your contact information and position of interest. Only messages requesting accommodation with the online application due to a disability will be returned.