Automotive Service Writer / Advisor Job Purpose: Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Automotive Service Writer / Advisor Job Duties:
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Safety Management
We at Dutch Miller Auto Group want to make our service departments as efficient as our vehicles. And we know that starts with our most valuable resource - our employees. As an Automotive Service Advisor (Automotive Service Writer) you will build strong customer relationships, write repair orders, sell and up sell services for our customers. We've got a fast growing facility and are looking to expand our service offerings and expertise.
Dutch Miller Auto has been in business for over 64 years. We have locations in Huntington, WV - Barboursville, WV, Charleston, WV and now Charlotte, NC
Commitment To You:
Strong pay plan!
Commitment to continually grow our personnel in their respective roles - ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT!
High Customer Satisfaction For Both Sales & Service
A Professional and Respectful Work Environment
Top Training Processes to Properly Assist Todays Customer