Automotive Service Manager
(Customer Service / Retail Management / Inventory Control / Automotive Services)
As an Automotive Service Manager, you will set the highest standards of excellence and personify our core values to support operations in the sales department of your assigned store. This will involve creating a highly motivated team environment, and working closely with the Service Team to improve their performance through hands-on presence in the store by efficiently developing and coaching team members, and executing store processes & procedures.
Specific duties for this customer service role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support in the store recruiting process by assisting the Store Manager on final employment decisions
- Supervising technicians and service personnel, planning and scheduling their duties, assigning work, and following up on completion of assignments
- Coaching service department teammates on all operational issues of working the process within the Tire Guru systems and service standards working with CTC process
- Working directly with customers in areas of sales, service, customer opportunities, adjustments, etc.
- Evaluating performance and productivity of all service department personnel
- Managing parts inventory and outside purchases, ensuring it complies with parts and Tire Purchase Program as well as updating and restocking all in-house parts when needed
- Ensuring store safety, including the use of and maintenance of safety equipment
- Ensuring equipment/hardware layout and positioning within the service department in accordance with CTC standards
- Supervising shop area, equipment and teammates for compliance with company safety procedure
- Coaching personnel on enforcing wheel torqueing process
- Ensures that proper inspections are being conducted in accordance to the CTC process
We are seeking an Automotive Service Manager who possesses outstanding leadership and store management skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment. In addition, you should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to mentor others in a manner that ensures store efficiency. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to develop professional relationships with customers and subordinates alike.
Specific qualifications for this automotive services role:
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor?s degree in a related field, a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Service Manager
- Proven track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent leadership skills to manage and motivate a team
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of basic OSHA laws and MSDS Compliance
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
Keyword: Inventory Control
From: Express Oil Change fc140baec6c74eb69f461ee79db16d0f