Description This position is responsible for recon customer/vehicle replacement parts identification, order communication, storage and distribution to recon personnel. Additional duties may include maintaining inventories of shop tools and supplies.Key Responsibilities:
- Define specific parts identified by customers (Repair Order) to be ordered and replaced on their vehicles during the recon processes and communicate information to Procurement staff for order placement
- Work with recon technicians to Identify specific parts required during the recon/repair process and communicate information to Procurement staff for order placement
- Track ,receive, inventory and distribute all parts in a timely manner so as to meet all customer vehicle delivery expectations
- Communicate any incorrect parts or supplies to Procurement in a timely manner and manage return timing
- Maintain all shop supply inventory levels at acceptable levels (ordered Through Procurement) as directed by management
- Secure and control all parts and supply inventory to minimize loss or shrinkage
- Maintain neat and orderly work space
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment at all times while working specific areas.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Experience in installing automotive parts preferred.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of bodywork, frame damage and minor mechanical repairs.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to constantly enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to lift 1 - 15 pounds (i.e., starters, alternators, A/C units, etc).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, dust, fluids, vehicle fumes, odors, mechanical and electrical shock hazards.
- Moderate noise level.
Organization : Cox Automotive
Primary Location : US-IL-Matteson-20401 Cox Ave
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job -
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what's possible.