We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. Our Opportunity:
Advisor Service Technology (AST) is within Schwab's Product Development and Engineering organization. It provides development and testing support and other services for a number of customer-facing and internal applications used by registered independent financial advisors. Platforms and products run with agile scrum or Kanban process. Technical shops are in Denver and Phoenix, with some offshore development and test teams in India. What you'll do:
AST QA is looking for a developer specializing in testing, test frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code, test tools and data. A highly experienced software test automation leader with testing project management and extensive automation experience. Someone who is a strong technical leader and possesses a client-focused sensibility. The candidate will:
What you have:
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation across AST Core
- Set and communicate automation strategies and processes
- Evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards
- Be able and willing to perform hands-on automation scripting and execution tasks
- Hands on experience with a minimum of two UI automation tools
- Manage test environment and infrastructure needs
- Build automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Increase automation cycle execution run times and decrease manual analysis of results
- Keep automation current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration framework
- Develop methods and procedures to create automation test data and data refresh capabilities
- Assist developers with Robust unit/componint/ commit/ build and deploy/CE/CD test automation as needed
- Mentor junior testers on automation and best practices
- Recommend meaningful and automated dynamic reports and metrics that measure the success of automation efficiency and quality, and provide action items for continuous improvements
- Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence
What you'll get:
- Experience with a variety of tools and dashboards in automating desktop, browser and non-UI applications; web services; and data extraction and loading processes
- Experience or familiarity with these tools, languages, databases, environments currently used in AST shops: Selenium and Selenium Grid, Java, .Net, QTP/UFT, C#/Coded UI, Node.js, Protractor, Appium, Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, Parasoft SOATest, Jenkins, Salesforce, Azure Cloud, various BUS and message queues, file transfer, and data delivery technologies
- Familiarity with scrum and test management apps such as HP Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Jira and Jira test plug-ins/APLs, TFS 2012
- Experience running unattended, regularly scheduled automated tests in environments you help maintain
- Experience automating third party or custom desktop controls not supported by traditional automation tooling out-of-the-box (e.g., a QTP plug-in doesn't work, so write a C++ wrapper containing navigational and verification methods needed)
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don't work
- Ability to effectively persuade, negotiate and influence all levels of staff; excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies and able to provide direction to test teams
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry will make ramp up easier
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and innovation, the company has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable to all.
Today, Schwab meets the needs of individual and institutional clients through two operating segments:
- Investor Services helps individuals with brokerage, banking, insurance and other financial services. Clients have easy access online, by phone or at a local Schwab branch.
- Institutional Services provides dedicated support for independent investment advisors, employers and third-party benefit plan administrators.
Who We Hire:
Schwab hires people at all levels of experience who have the desire, drive and creativity to help our clients be financially fit. We actively recruit for a variety of roles, including financial consultants, registered brokers and trainees, client service specialists and portfolio consultants. In addition, we offer challenging careers in technology, sales, marketing and other areas of business support.