10 days ago
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
The dynamic Aviation industry is seeking a seasoned professional!
Join our Team!
Automatic Equipment Mechanic
T19, $27.10 - $35.23
Washington Dulles International Airport;
Electrical Services Division, MA-221C
Open until filled
WHY CHOOSE THE AIRPORTS AUTHORITY?
While finding a job that meets your career goals and pays you well is important, remember that the employer's benefits may make all the difference. To review benefits information please click here.
To review the description of duties, please click here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (MQS):
To be rated qualified for this job, an applicant must meet all of the MQs listed below at the time of vacancy announcement closure.
1. A high school diploma or a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
2. Four years of progressively responsible experience (post high school) in the maintenance and repair of automatic equipment, which includes one year specializing in installation, test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of a range of automatic equipment, such as, but not limited to, automatic doors and gates; high speed horizontal vehicle doors; potable water cabinets; hydraulic ramps and lifts; baggage conveyors; transit treads; overhead doors and related controls as well as various lighting control systems throughout the airport. This includes knowledge of the theories, principles, requirements, and standards of the trade.
NOTE: A Journey License as an Electrician is evidence of four years of progressively responsible electrical trade experience, but is not, by itself, evidence of the one year of experience specializing in test, diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of a range of automated equipment and systems, as specified.
3. A valid state driver's license in good standing.
The qualifications listed below (if any) are preferred and may be considered in the selection process, but are not required to be rated qualified for this job.
1. Journey License (or higher) as Electrician or certification, license, or training certificate related to electrical or automatic equipment.
2. Experience working safely in a skilled trade requiring prolonged concentration and attention to detail on a busy airfield or in an equivalent work environment, such as, amid maritime or motor freight cargo loading/unloading, or other types of near-constant movements/operations that require continuous situational awareness and alertness to continually changing circumstances and events.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be done to determine if you meet the minimum qualification requirements. There is an Assessment questionnaire(s) that you must complete. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire(s). If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses, which you provided in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
only 28 days until close