New Contract Opportunity in Mystic, CT through 12/4/2017
TITLE: Associate Quality Engineer - 15623
The Associate Quality Engineer has the responsibility and authority to provide Quality Engineering representation and support to select business teams facilitating front-end design, design transfer to manufacturing, and/or process improvements to obtain optimum product reliability, safety, effectiveness and compliance.
- Participates in Business Team operations to approve testing of all new product designs, design test parameters for R&D, Operations and QA, conduct reliability assessments, evaluate and approve ECN changes for existing products, monitor design developments for maintaining quality compliance and assists in software engineering, testing and validation.
- Partners with Mfg. Engineering to assist in developing test methods, equipment acquisition for new product testing, validations/qualifications, statistical analysis of data for significance, and other documented requirements for quality objectives.
- Participates in new product development, and establish quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product.
- Identifies, applies, and updates engineering and technical standard requirements for devices, including standards compliance in product design, manufacture and labeling.
- Investigates and reports on corrective actions effectiveness and timeliness.
- Assist audits of finished products, final inspections, returned and serviced products.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: Less than 10%
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred or related field experience.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with 0+ years experience.
- Working knowledge and frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to provide solutions to a wide variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Cross-functionally and effective team player.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Working knowledge of appropriate industry standards.
- Experience in application statistical methods to design reliability and process capability.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and exert influence without alienating others.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Analysis/Software experience preferred.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Physical capabilities to perform the job
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- During the course of regular assigned duties, the employee may be required to properly utilize personal protective equipment including, but not limited to: safety shoes, safety glasses, goggles, hard hats, air purifying respirator or aor respiratory protection.
- Light to moderate physical effort is required most of the time; however, occasional instances where moderate weights are required to be moved. Moderate weight tools and materials are used.
- The employee must be able to lift 10 pounds per job requirement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
As a leading contract, contract-to-hire and professional placement firm, Three Point Solution understands the importance of aligning our client with the right resource at the right time. We are committed to the highest caliber of service that will benefit our clients, candidates and employees. Unlike large, corporate style recruiting firms, we commit to individualized attention that uniquely positions us to bridge the communication gap between recruiter, employer and candidate. Our goal is to cultivate and maintain true partnerships with our clients and candidates.