about 1 month ago
Company IntroductionCosma Body Assembly Michigan is a division of Magna International. We manufacture underbody and chassis components for cars and light trucks. Our facility utilizes automated weld assembly manufacturing process.
Job IntroductionThe Assembly Toolmaker ensures all plant and facility equipment associated with the successful fabrication of product is serviced and maintained in a timely manner. The Assembly Toolmaker is responsible for assembly & equipment fixtures, tooling adjustments, fixture tooling design, troubleshooting systems; performing preventive and predictive maintenance on all installed equipment to minimize downtime, while keeping safety and quality as a priority; providing training and technical support to Assembly and Maintenance Team Members. The Assembly Toolmaker assists in production operations, and supports Management, Area Leaders, and Production Associates by acting as a liaison in matters regarding automation, safety, and continuous improvement for equipment, processes and productivity.
Major Responsibilities-Working with various Production Departments to design, fabricate, and/or repair fixtures, tools and gages needed for automotive welded assembly.\r
* Acting as part f first-response team in production-down situations, lending product and manufacturing expertise to keep production flowing through the plant.\r
* Setting-up and operating standard and specialty equipment and attachments to turn, mill, drill, tap, grind, fit and finish workpiece. Modify standard tools as required.\r
* Using a wide range of precision instruments gauges, equipment and devices to layout, scribe/mark and check work for functional and dimensional accuracy.
Knowledge and Education-Certified Jig/Fixture Maker or Tool Maker or ten (10 years of equivalent training and experience\r
* Strong understanding of GD&T to enable data-driven assembly fixture adjustments \r
* Ability to read dimensional studies to verify assembly accuracy and quality\r
* Root cause analysis of assembly-related issues and derive creative solutions to new and existing design, clamping, fixturing, welding and robotic sealing and adhesive challenges.\r
* Ability to work under pressure to resolve assembly issues with permanent corrective actions that will minimize plant downtime and ensure quality parts are delivered on time.\r
Work Experience-Minimum 5 years related work experience\r
* Extensive experience in stamped and welded assemblies (spot, MIG, arc braze, etc.) including related clamping, fixturing, part fit-up, PLC and part presence sensors.\r
* Experience using hand tools to improve assembly tooling and fixturing including fixture tool design for C1 activity as well as extensive cutting, adjusting, and shimming of existing tooling.\r
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close