This job can be located anywhere in United States.
Engineers are an integral and crucial element of the American Direct Operations Team. Their responsibility for submittals is 15 days from the sold notice to submittal, a commitment that will determine the success or failure of most projects. The engineer ensures every project is "order ready!" They must deal with deadlines and details; meeting commitments and achieve company and project goals. Four core competencies are required for this position: flexibility, diplomacy, accuracy and timeliness.
. Education - College degree (Engineering or equivalent preferred)
. Work Experience - 3-5 years engineering projects.
. Job Specialties - Background in Commercial Doors, Frames, and Hardware
. Certifications or licenses required - None Required
. This position reports to - Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with team members composed of: sales staff, project managers, and buying staff.
- The Engineer must be able and willing to travel to project sites with little prior notice.
- Verify all vender quotes and product requirements and then documented during the detailing process.
- Develop or implement required policies, procedures and standards in performing work.
- Must possess the ability to understand and interpret plans, specs, addendums, modification documents and any other project oriented change or information document.
- Interprets contract documents and completes a detailed package for both divisions 8 and 10 that is accurate, easy to understand, order ready and within the budget of the project.
- Compiles submittals based on pre-existing or pre-determined formats for all aspects of the submittal, including RFI's, Preamble, Door Schedule, Hardware Schedule, Manufacturer's Data and Cut Sheets.
- Provides every effort to "buy down" the project by utilizing better buying programs or obtaining better vender discounts.
- Advises supervisor of conflicts between estimator quotes and contract documents during detailing. Keeps complete records for conflicts to be discussed in the JAM and creates informative RFI questions during detailing to eliminate conflicts or confusing information.
- Schedules and conducts Job Assignment Meetings (JAM).
- Maintains and regularly updates an accurate and complete schedule of upcoming projects. Work closely with the coordinator and advise of any changes in your schedule.
- Maintains construction documents and updates documents with changes during engineering or revisions. Including adding any revised plans sheets to the "As Built" set.
- Be informed and review vender and code requirement updates.
- Follow engineering guidelines before handoff to project management.
Complete revisions due to change orders or revision to the contract.
American Direct has one purpose: To be the national leader in the innovation, design, product selection, and distribution services of totally integrated security solutions at the door opening.
Additionally, we must be willing to share and collaborate with all the channel participants using transparent technology-driven solutions. Openings require first-hand knowledge about what happens, or what is required, when things out of the ordinary are encountered. Events of the last few years have driven the need for new types openings applications and scope coordination. Specific project specifications for campus lockdown, illuminated exit assistance, anti-ligature locking devices, anti-microbial expectations, blast resistance, anti-terrorism measures, and even sound attenuation are just some of the requirements that are notable at the door opening. Not only are the opening's requirements rapidly evolving, but also the requirements throughout the building are changing. At American Direct we are dedicated to focusing our highly-trained staff and in-house expertise on the challenges our clients have in implementing safe, secure environments.