3 months ago
Applications Engineer / Estimator
Position Summary/Primary Purpose
This position provides technical support for Regional Sales Managers, Distributors, Inside Support Staff and Customers on chain conveyor products and applications. This position reports to the Manager of Product Sales as part of the sales team that contributes to the success of the department and Company.
Major Areas of Responsibility
* Develop, validate and improve monorail and P&F chain conveyor system layouts.
* Perform component take-offs and prepare estimates for the material requirements for P&F and monorail chain conveyor systems.
* Provide distributor training on chain conveyor products.
* Provide support / assistance on technical issues including problem solving.
* Assist in the preparation of proposal documentation including AutoCAD drawings, scope of works, RFQ's, sequence of operations, proposal clarifications, etc.
* Prepare chain pull calculation using manual methods and CP-Plus.
* Perform through put studies to validate system designs.
* Concept custom requirements such and carriers and new components in sufficient detail to estimate and propose.
* Drafting ? Ability to understand and prepare mechanical drawings.
* AutoCAD ? Proficient in the use of, including x-ref's (Version 2012 or above).
* Microsoft Office ? Outlook, Excel and Word
* Math skills ? High school algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
Skills & Abilities as follows (Basic/Preferred)
* Multi-tasking ? Managing through multiple tasks/demands at one time.
* Time Management ? Managing one's own time and the time of others.
* Service Orientation ? Actively looking for ways to help people.
* Customer contact / Coordination ? Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
* Critical Thinking ? Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Judgment and Decision Making ? Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Monitoring ? Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition ? The ability to listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words and sentences.
* Information Ordering ? The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
* Problem Sensitivity ? The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* Travel when necessary.
* Overtime if necessary.
* Walking in manufacturing facilities and possibly climbing ladders.
* Good communication skills are required.
Education & Experience
* At a minimum, an associate degree in a technical field. A Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree is preferred. Related work experience will be considered.
* 3 Years of experience with chain conveyor products, including a minimum of 1 year system design experience.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows: remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call and leave a message and your call will be returned.
Note to all Agencies / Direct Placement: Daifuku has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. Daifuku has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed Daifuku's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Daifuku will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close