4 days ago
Company: Marathon Oil
Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon is currently seeking an experienced completions engineer in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma office for the Mid-Continent Asset Team.- The successful candidate will be accountable for completion engineering with an emphasis on stimulation design, optimization and execution.-- Prepare completion, data acquisition, testing and workover procedures.- Review and maintain management control over equipment installation, well completion and workovers / recompletions.- Work in conjunction with Completions Superintendent to oversee execution of operations.
* Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected.- Ensure that all operations are planned and carried out in accordance with safe operation procedures and Marathon policies.
* Provides accurate cost estimates for capital projects, workovers, AFEs, scoping costs, budget planning and monthly accruals.
* Track well costs, timing, and key performance indicators (KPIs) related to completions
* Responsible for the design, review and execution of completions and workovers that comply with all policies, procedures and regulations.
* Capable of planning complex well interventions and stimulations.
* Must be proficient at fracture modeling using GOFHER and casing design evaluation using WELLCAT
* Proficient operational knowledge of coil tubing, wireline perforating and intervention, workovers, snubbing, fishing and stimulation operations in a high pressure environment (15K)
* Collaborate with the Completion Superintendent on completion design, execution trouble-shooting and forward planning.
* Collaborate with asset team on appropriate technical evaluation and data collection (DFIT, Tracers, Specialty Logs)
* Collaborate and work closely with all multi-disciplinary teams such as HES, Drilling, Subsurface, Facilities, Production, Supply Chain, Land, Regulatory, etc.
* Help provide input for medium and long term asset development as it relates to completions.- This also includes benchmarking activities and identifying best practices used by other operators and transferring those practices into Marathon.
* Identify, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities and projects for better application of completions technology and methodology to optimize production and/or decrease completion costs and timing efficiencies through collaboration with subject matter experts across Marathon as well as resources outside of Marathon such as other operators, research centers, service providers or key universities.
* Experience with specialty proppants, dissolvable plugs, refracturing techniques, diversion technologies, completion fluids, tracers, perforation design and other completion related technologies.
* Interact with completion service companies and Marathon field supervision to improve operational performance and cost.-
* Expected to monitor frac jobs remotely or out in the field on location to ensure proper execution and provide design support
* Consults with Completion Manager and Completion Superintendent on higher risk/complex problems and projects.
* Ensure all permits and notifications are secured and completed before commencing any well operations.
* Completes all monthly, weekly and end of well reports as required (i.e. Frac Focus, ensuring treatment reports are correct, check field tickets to ensure accuracy, code invoices to correct well WBS numbers, check accuracy of field costs reported in Wellview, time write to capital projects, complete stage progression chart during frac and plug progression charts during drill out, and ensure the end of well perforation information is submitted for the 1002A completion report to the OCC).
* Proactively provide engineering guidance and expertise.
* Helps mentor and develop junior level engineers.
* Engineering degree required, Petroleum Engineering highly preferred.-
* Minimum 10+ years of industry experience with at least 3 years of the experience working in completions for an operator.- Demonstrated experience in all components of completions, work-overs and recompletions.-
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
* Strong communication, collaboration and influence skills.
* Able to recognize creative value-adding ideas from others outside of the completions group.
* Strong knowledge of applicable software (e.g. Wellview; GOHFER; Frac-Pro; WELLCAT, Cerberus, Spotfire, MS Office Suite, etc.)
* Working knowledge of other technical disciplines including reservoir, drilling, production and facility engineering.
* Experience in other shale/resource plays a plus
* Must be able to work in the field as required during operations under your responsibility, especially during complex stimulations, workovers and fishing jobs.
* Preferred Qualifications:
* 3+ years of completions experience in the Oklahoma Resource Basin (SCOOP & STACK)
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL ? WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
* Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
* Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
* World's Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
* Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
* The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close
North America, United States, Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
$60k - $70k