3 months ago
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Toolmaker for an opening in Santa Ana, CA.
* Review blueprints for tool assembly sequence, details and assemblies.
* Full laser tracking abilities.
* Design and build tooling aids
* Fix out of tolerance tools or lead the effort.
* Set-up and run lathes, milling and grinding machines to produce details and assemblies in accordance with blueprint tolerances and specifications.
* Check and inspect all details, assemblies and finished product for conformance to blueprint dimensions.
* Build & Assemble tooling components including drill bars, edge bars, and lifting & clamping details.
* Identify molds and tools per customer blueprint, tool and purchase order requirements using tags, engraving machines, stencils & painting.
* Plumb and vacuum systems. Verify integrity through pressure testing and leak checking.
* Drill clearance holes, Drill & tap holes, locate and drill precision holes.
* Participate and take responsibility for 6S.
* Lead team to perform all Toolmaking and manufacturing tasks with minimum supervision.
* Communicate with supervisors, program managers and engineers.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* 5 years min experience in toolmaking / manufacturing environment.
* Read/communicate with coworkers and leads.
* Blueprint interpretation including GD&T and some shop math (decimals, basic trig, tolerances).
* Knowledge of the Metric System.
* Knowledge of manufacturing practices including machining, fastening, and metrology.
* Knowledge of material types and material processes.
* Manual machining experience (conventional mills, lathes, surface grinders).
* Laser tracking experience on large parts (ability to align, collect data, best fit, set details, create reports).
* Ability to use manual inspection equipment and inspection techniques.
* Forklift and crane operating skills.
* Problem solving ? the individual identifies and reports problems in a timely manner.
* Interpersonal Skills ? the individual remains open to ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
* Oral communication ? the individual speaks clearly.
* Quality Control ? the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Adaptability ? the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
* Dependability ? the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
* Safety and security ? the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
1. Ability to take direction, learn, and apply knowledge acquired.
2. Positive and proactive attitude.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
4. Shop math fundamentals.
1. Willingness to commit to Cllient core and cultural values.
High School Diploma
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
Full Time, 2nd Shift (5 PM - 1:30AM)
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Emmanuel Morgan at
343 Main Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: 414-7800 x239 or 927-9318 x239
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close